View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 09:28 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,732 Times in 886 Posts
Took the Rawland Nordavinden up to Lexington Center and back on Mass. Ave. in the late afternoon, joined by plenty of other cyclists and more cars than I've had the luxury of getting used to lately. Was somewhat hobbled by a sore right knee that's been bothering me the last few days, perhaps a consequence of the slipping seatpost problem experienced earlier in the week. I further tightened the set screw on the QR seatpost constrictor and reset the saddle height; this seemed to help on the bike, but I'm limping a bit off it now. Nice weather for a ride, if you don't mind a little humid warmth; worked for me, reminded me of my childhood.

East Arlington: I expect many share this sentiment.

Battle Green: this small monument strikes me as a sort of civic stupa, so of course I need to ride around it, clockwise.

East Lexington: a civic minded homeowner created an unintended negation through the careless juxtaposition of a campaign poster and a handrail.

Arlington, approaching the intersection of Appleton Street. Something had happened that required the presence of two police cars, a rescue truck, a fire truck, and an Armstrong ambulance. I don't know what it was, but I know what I hope it wasn't.

Returning through Arlington, I rode through three small demonstrations in solidarity with the situation in Minneapolis, in Brattle Square, Arlington Center, and East Arlington. The Brattle Square scene was the liveliest, garnering a lot of honks in solidarity from passing cars, and I saluted them appropriately as I rode past. Several of them returned the salute in kind. You never really know quite where a bike will take you.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: