Old 08-05-20, 06:12 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 321 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Sasquatch16
Can you tell me the width of the GP 5000’s on the 3v wheels?
I don't have an accurate tool for measuring the tire width. With a plain old ruler, they look pretty close to 32mm to me (as they are 700x32c tires).

I made a decision on this topic a while back and my second set of wheels arrived this week after waiting about a month and a half for them to be built. They're Light Bicycle WR50 wheels at 1,354g for the pair (actual weight). They're lighter than the Bontrager Aeolus XXX 4 for about the price of 1 XXX wheel (i.e., 1/2 the price of the set of XXX wheels). According to Bontrager's site, the XXX 4's are 1,455g and that's before adding the tubeless rim liner. I ordered the LB wheels to have no spoke holes in the rim, so no need for the rim tape to set them up tubeless. Assuming the tests on Hambini: Testing to Find the Fastest Bicycle Wheels are remotely accurate, LB wheels are reasonably aero (although my exact wheels weren't part of the testing as the wheels are a relatively new model.)

The new wheels will be my "fast" road wheels and the 3Vs will get a new set of gravel-specific tires for trail use. Quite frankly, the 3V wheels are incredible all-around wheels and I needed the LB wheels like I need another hole in the head, but a fool and his money soon will part...

Likes For PoorInRichfield: