View Single Post
Old 11-12-19, 05:13 PM
macbobster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
My hands won't let me do straight bars anymore. I'm still good with drops; but I was wondering what I could do if I couldn't do drops, either. I like some forward lean. Your setup looks very comfortable to me. It also looks like you could put interrupter/cross brakes on the forward position...although that would spoil the looks...and I think your cannondale looks awsome!
Thanks for the kind words! I got started with swept back bars when I heard about a test. So you stand with your arms hanging loosely at your sides. Then you lean forward a bit, to where you like to be. Then slowly swing / raise your arms and hands forward to where you are comfy. Notice the position of your hands, this is your neutral hand position. This is potentially your least stressful / most comfortable riding position. Now try and find some bars that get you there (and some alt positions as well). This worked a miracle for me, but I have hand /wrist / neck /shoulder /back issues. Still got some legs though, getting old is not for wimps!

Last edited by macbobster; 11-12-19 at 05:25 PM.