Old 10-14-18, 07:14 AM
nslckevin

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
...and your bike must pass bike check.

I’m not sure if there is a rigorous bike check at Masters Worlds. The last US Masters Nationals I raced had a policy of, “Do bike check if you think you will break a world record because it will certainly be checked afterwards.”
Last year we "broke the WR" for 55+ TP and they checked all of our bikes afterward because of that. The funny thing is that the UCI doesn't have ANY TP world records. So I have no idea why they did what they did and why they talked about the WR.

This year after Larry Nolan broke Vic Copeland's 60-64 2km record they checked his bike and he was drug tested.

We broke the national record for 4,000m TP in qualifying, but then caught our opponents in the final this year. I got drug tested after the final, but not the whole team like when we set it at elite nationals. My guess is that this new record will never make it in the books.

At elite nationals we had some discussion with the USAC official. Their policy was that USAC wasn't interested in paying for drug testing for a masters national record at elite nationals. They put a call into USADA to see if they would pay for it or if we would have to pay for it. USADA paid for it so we got tested and submitted the record paperwork. But I still had to bug USAC a couple of months later to get it listed.