Old 06-10-20, 09:59 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
These early track machines, pistas, etc. do fall in the category of this thread actually. If you scroll back you will see some other ones posted....so post away. Even some of the 1930's track bikes would fit in....and sometimes I include early velodrome posters just to vary it up. By the way, Eighties to mid-Nineties Concept bikes also fit in....a lot of them tend to be pursuit, crono, track, whatever you want to call it. Even the steel Japanese track bikes from recent times sneak in because they fit the look. I would recommend avoiding modern carbon though....but not vintage carbon. The guidelines were spelled out in the first thread but they are not written in stone. A little variance or a few exceptions keeps us all out of straight jackets..ha ha........

Now as to this gold plated bike....this one is nice. Sometimes it looks overdone and tacky, but not in this case. The objection I have to gold is also that sometimes it flakes off and looks terrible. Not all the time .....depends on quality of plating job. Anyway nice bike.

And I always try to include a new picture to keeps the troops entertained:

Like the red center fade disc wheels...something different. Nice bike too.

And here is the twin road bike. It is nice to include the twin when you can...so there yah go....another exception! They prove the rule....don't yah know......
Stelbel is no joke by any means. TIG Welding is usually not the words giving a huge heart rate to vintage bike lovers - rather the opposite. But this is exactly what made them famous.
Everybody manufacturer can buy quality parts, many of them could draw a good looking bike. But why I dislike mass produced bikes is the welding, sadly also on some big name models. I understand, that ugly weld scars are the price the thin-pocket guys have to pay in order to be able to pay for the name, but still. Thousand times an old affordable quality bike, than a modern spaceship with ugly welding. But its just me being me, plus I didn't want to go by without praising the Stelbels - they deserve it. It is interesting that the brand was resurrected by the Cicli Corsa Classico guys in close collaboration with Stelio Belletti himself. It sounds a better happy end, compared to mammoth companies are buying formed big names for their far-east productions.
Likes For Lattz: