View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 09:48 AM
ljsense

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by WizardOfBoz
The generic Trek bike manual does have some useful info in it, and I was not aware of it. On the other hand, if I buy a $6000 bike, I kind of expect to get a manual that's tailored to that bike. So I'd still say Trek falls short in the manual department.
It doesn't seem unreasonable. But I'd be curious to see an example of this, if it exists.

Trek released a very detailed and helpful model-specific manual for the Madone 9 when it came out (in 2016 I think?) but that bike was over $6,000. Maybe $10,000 is the threshold for a copywriter to step into manual production. Overall, it seems like they do a better job than most in explaining their products. They have a massive YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/trekbikesusa/videos

When I bought my first racing bike at age 15, which seemed to cost all the money in the world, or at least every dollar I could muster, the manual was just a generic pamphlet with legal disclaimers and so on. I had to learn to race and fix it in the grand tradition of cycling.