View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 07:29 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Korina
My commute is on a highway between cities, and for the life of me I can't figure out why all the broken glass is on the northbound side.

I'm forever stopping to pick up after the blasted eucalyptus, and I have had a couple of cyclists stop to see if I was okay. Sweet.
I frequent a cycleway that has been around for over a decade, and is where I will be this afternoon (you will know why in a second).

Going through one part of it must be near a pub or members of an awful community that unfortunately exists nearby. Almost every Saturday and Sunday morning there have been broken beer and other alcohol bottles along it. I've stopped to clean it off on several occasions, and I have seen others doing it, too.

On the other hand, we have been frequenting a small town near us at weekend as I get back into cycling, and despite the route and paths we use, and the fact it starts and finishes near a boat launching ramp, not a single sign of the alcoholic or other drinking or household rubbish. A truly pleasant place to ride for us.

And oddly enough, I have had little issues with eucalyptus trees, but I am Australian and that is where they are native.