View Single Post
Old 09-01-19, 10:47 PM
ja1124

Bikes: 1993 Giant Rincon, 1993 Trek MultiTrack 720, 1977 Raleigh Super Course, Giant Innova, 1995 Trek MultiTrack 700 (stolen from my possession but still mine!)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
I have occasional flare-ups and they do not seem to correspond to any dietary factors. I suspect in my case it has to do with the kidneys. Recently I've begun eating a bundle of fresh asparagus each week. A 1 lb. bundle provides me with three servings. I observed during the first week that my urine had that classic post-asparagus pungency the morning after the first serving. It was less pungent after the second serving, and had no discernable odor after the third. This suggested to me that the asparagus was cleansing my kidneys. I got the idea after reading about the asparagus cure. I need more time to evaluate it as a cure for gout though. For the past decade I've had two or three flare-ups each year. The worst attack came after eating about a pound of animal crackers over a 24 hour period. The cow-shaped crackers are the worst offenders.