Old 09-02-18, 03:15 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Helderberg
Thank you all for your honest and thoughtful answers. My 7 is only about three months old so the parts are hardly worn. In this area the hills are impossible to escape unless I take the bike elsewhere to ride so I don't get in a lot of miles. The information I have taken away from the posts is what I thought to myself but did not want to admit. In my case, at age 70, a better bike is just a bike I will never extract the benefit of with my riding. I am not exactly suffering with my 7 so I think I will save the money and just go ride the darn thing. I find it a great escape and extremely relaxing to just be on the road, by myself, moving forward.
Thanks again to all of you for your honesty and for not just writing my obvious question off. It is much appreciated.
Frank.
A sensible approach. 3 months is barely broken in. Guessing you don't even have 1,000 miles on the bike yet. Ride it a few years and you will get a sense of if you want, or need another bike. If you buy a decent bike, and I think your 7 counts as a decent bike, you should be able to get 5 to 10 years out of it without a major overhaul.