View Single Post
Old 05-10-19, 02:50 PM
RShantz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Sweet geebus. Anyone care to guess why the fact this thread exists really cranks my gears?

Before you hand wring your way through another post on here answer a couple of basic things for me:

1. What is FTP?
2. Why is it beneficial to know what your FTP is?

Now if you answered those two questions correctly you might start to be able to understand that FTP is not:

1. It's not a genital measuring device.
2. It is useless when estimated after the fact for ever single reason ever except for 1 and even that has little value if your entire regime of training is not 100% power based.
3. Strava is not and never will be the source for FTP data and information. It will be a nice place to file it but leave FTP to the proven devices and methods for training with power.
How are you so certain of this? Why wouldn't someone want Strava to continually improve their data reporting capacities? I'd think they should be able to pretty similar to the other software out there. Personally expanded, accurate data analysis from Strava would be great - I'd stop using any other data acquisition/interpretation software.

I'm really confused by this comment. What other magical proven devices do other softwares use that Strava doesn't have access to. Silly me thought the proven device was essentially a power meter and Strava certainly has access to that data.