Old 07-12-19, 05:12 AM
Teamprovicycle
Banned

Bikes: Specialized tarmac sl2 giant tcx zero

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'm more performance minded , when tubeless work they are great, corner better roll better , when they leak from the tape get a hole that won't seal , valve that leaks , patch won't hold , bead that won't seat , sealant that never works even with glitter added , they suck maximum donkey balls , I can say in over a year I've mastered them but they still fail at a higher rate than any tubed set up I've had in my life , my Wal-Mart mountain bike from back in the days didn't fail as much , even if you minus human error .....

Senarios you can expect, stuck on the road with no way to inflate you still have to carry two tubes incase you get a double flat that won't seal , seal leaks out now you have to carry the smallest tube like an 18mm 700c cuz u ain't gonna be able to fit a standard tube with out ripping it , you get both tubes in inflate the tire is super wobbly and off balance, if you get the tire rim combo right you almost always need a quality tire lever or 3 , especially if you don't know how to mount and dismount them , took me about a year to get a solid technique,

Don't let anyone tell you tubeless are better they are not the learning curve is extremely steep , even running low pressure commute tubeless can take a lot of trial and error

I'm happy I got tubeless, but they have failed me many times , I have a dedicated pair of wheels for them and have taken way to much effort to set up ,

But over all you can always get better wheels , wheel bearings , drive train , wax chian , more aero and stay tubes and still get more constant bang for buck .