Old 07-23-19, 07:45 AM
superpletch
faster downhill

Bikes: more than my wife can keep track of

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I have been using tubeless tires on my touring and road bike for a couple years now. On this springs pacific coast tour my 700x35c schwalbe touring tires worked great until the last 50 miles of the last day when I had two flats within 20 minutes. both times I stopped and used a dynaplug and was back rolling with 5 minutes each time with no mess or having to remove wheel or tire. I still carry a tube for emergencies but have yet to use one.

My road bike has been challenging to find a tire that balances durability/traction/and speed. I have fallen in love with Schwalbe g-one speed. I am running 700x30c and am amazed at the comfort with lower tire psi, how incredibly fast they roll, and the confidence in cornering/braking and traction. They are not the longest wearing tires, but its worth the tradeoff with its benefits if your bike will accommodate 30c tires.

I like fiddling with my bikes so tubeless is awesome for me. Its not hard to do yourself and takes very little maintenance but if you rely on a bike shop for all your work, unless you find a good set up out of the gate, it may get a little frustrating.

embrace tubeless! get a plug system for repairs and always keep a spare tube and pump with you. It is not recommended to use C02 with tubeless sealant.