Old 08-17-19, 07:20 PM
rubynewbie

Bikes: 2019 Trek Domane SL 6 Womens’s and 2018 Cannondale Quick 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 8 Posts
Did I over buy with a Specialized Roubaix Sport?

Hello everyone. I am a 53 yr old 200# (and dropping 1-2 pounds a week on a diet) 5'3" woman new to cycling. Due to being on a new prescription that carries with it an increased chance of blood clots, heart attack, and stroke (yay) I am following my Dr.'s advice and starting to exercise more. I have been riding my old way-too-large bike but really feeling like I would enjoy the activity more if I had a better bike more suited to road cycling and that actually fit me. So I went to a local bike shop yesterday where I tried some bikes out and came home with a brand new 2019 Specialized Roubaix Sport. My question is, did I over buy? My husband is extremely angry that that I spent $2430 on a bike to get exercise on and also says that the carbon fiber frame is not only an excessive waste of money for my level, but also it won't hold up, especially under my weight. What do you experts say? Did I make a mistake in my purchase? He says I should return it (don't even know if I can) and get something 1/2 the price. I bought it with my own money, not his, he is just angry and thinks I am an idiot for buying such a high end bike. I posted this in the introduction section as well.