View Single Post
Old 05-29-18, 08:48 AM
TexMac

Bikes: Ridley Noah fast, Colnago CLX,Giant Propel Advanced, Pinnerello Gogma 65.1, Specialized S-works Venge, CAADX,Cervelo S3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
I'm doing a lot better at the Tuesday World's ride; 3 years ago at some point I would be dropped. This year I'm solidly in the 2nd pack, and close to the lead on the 1st lap, the descents kill me though but I'm getting better. Back in the day, I'd be excited to finish in the 2nd pack but my expectations are now to at least go into the first descent in the front pack so I'm still not happy.

To bastardize a Greg Lemond quote, You never become content, you just go faster.

One thing that's really starting to agitate me is when we are going uphill, every week there's a guy or two that comes up and fights for your wheel (or the guy in front of you) and then gets dropped 30 seconds later causing you to pass him and cover 2-5 bike lengths. I'm at a point now where I want to yell at them so bad because its obvious whats going to happen, but I'm not going to be that guy. I've also done that in the past too.
Maybe encourage them next time as you drop them. We can't all be fit at the same time