View Single Post
Old 01-04-21, 01:43 PM
Redhed 

Bikes: 14' Colnago CLD, 02' Schwinn Mesa GSX, 2005 Giant OCR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for this thread. I have been having issues with my cold weather gear. I have Louis Garneau winter cycling pants. I wear merino wool knee high socks under them. But my thighs and butt are so cold by the end of a ride they can sting. Typically that happens below freezing or depends on the wind. I bought a base layer merino legging, but those have a seam in the crotch area and my lady parts took a serious beating wearing them 2 rides each longer than 17 miles. OUCH! So I thought maybe I could just get some merino shorts, or something else completely. Because of your comments, I see many options possibly on the Kucharik site. Maybe the Knee Warmers as they cover the thighs, but that leaves the butt cheeks. LOL I don't want to double chamois either. Both sites even make custom stuff, which is expensive but pretty cool. I am short, 5'2" and for example, my Louis Garneau pants have reticulated knees, but the knees never sit in the right place because I have stubby ass legs. The struggle is real...... At least now, I have some options to look into. In Missouri it has been pretty mild of a winter so far, but the worst is yet to come temp wise. I will ride in below zero weather, I never miss a day unless it ices up.