Old 01-02-17, 08:20 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackdays
So I've been wanting to get more into Zwift with how crappy the weather has been around here (and will continue to be).

I have the first gen Cycleops Fluid trainer and just transmit power through my Pioneer unit. Definitely still feel like a hamster on a wheel though, even with Zwift in front of me.

Is it worth upgrading to one of the newer units?
If you're pedaling really fast on a Fluid trainer it may have leaked. It takes quite a bit of effort to do 300-400w on an intact fluid trainer.

If it's leaked my understanding is that CycleOps is excellent about warrantying their units. Ultimately they do fail, and I've warrantied one and have two more to do. For something like 7 years I didn't warranty the units (one failed at the beginning of that time, the second failed about 7 years later, i.e. in 2015). I've since decided to warranty the two units and sell the new replacements I receive. I haven't done any RMA stuff yet though.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson