View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 08:44 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by LawSchweiin
I am a relative newbie to the Southern California riding scene (moved from much cooler, wetter Germany)! I've always hated saddle bags as I think they have no place on a proper road bike. In Germany I used to carry my spare tube and tools in a tool keg, but I find myself running short on water here in the California sunshine with just one bottle (or in this case in NY for a few weeks on temp assignment - it's humid here!). So I'm looking for alternatives to the saddle bag and tool keg.
If a wedge bag has no place on a proper road bike, then a tool keg definitely has no place on a proper road bike.
Either way- if you dont want to have a convenient place to carry stuff while also carrying enough water to stay hydrated, then just carry the tube and multi-tool in your jersey pocket. Thats what 'real' roadies do anyways, so drop the janky tool keg and be real!

...or just buy a wedge bag and dont look at it while riding.