Old 09-24-19, 08:53 AM
punkinevil

Bikes: 1978 Schwinn Continental, 1970 Schwinn Paramount P-13, 1977 Schwinn Superior, 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanks to everyone who supported this ride! We raised almost $2.15 million this year which will go a very long way towards funding The Center's AIDS/HIV service programs for the next year.

On a personal experience note: it was a great weekend for 275 miles. The weather was mostly perfect and not a lot of headwind. Every mile was a joy, even the 10% grade ones. Of course, there is nothing quite as powerful as having over 500 riders and crew come together for a single purpose. I am always left inspired (and maybe a little tired) at the end on Sunday afternoon.

If I wind up in any official pictures this year, I'll weave them into a recap and post a link to it here, but in the meantime, here I am rolling through the finish line on Day 2.

Full disclosure, I had to fake this photo...no one took one at my first crossing, they missed it the second time, and this is my third loop through that arch.

Last edited by punkinevil; 09-24-19 at 02:59 PM.