View Single Post
Old 04-10-11, 07:05 AM
Debusama

Bikes: Elephant custom road bike, 08 Redline D440, Motobecane Fantom cross Uno.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wait-listed for a race.

I was off on a backpacking trip when registration opened for the tour of Walla Walla, and by the time got back, it was full. I registered as an alternate anyway as I knew I hadn’t missed it by much and it said I was #3 on the waiting list. That was a few months ago, and I still haven’t received a spot in the race. I normally work on Sundays, so I already requested the time off. Most every race I’ve done Has a few DNS people on the results list, so I’m debating whether or not I should just drive to the race, an see if I can get in the day of, or find something else to do with my weekend. I kind of doubt that 20 minutes before the race they start looking around for alternates to fill spots for people who didn’t show up and I don’t want to waste my weekend hanging around the staging area and never getting to race. The race is a week from now; I doubt anyone who hasn’t deregistered by this time is going to do so.
Has anyone had experience with this? Do many people pull out in the last week, do they let alternates in to replace no-shows the morning of the race or should I just move on?