View Single Post
Old 08-28-18, 08:50 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Well, this will pop into pills & ills shortly, but....

Yeah, pneumonia sucks. Take good care of yourself, listen to your doctor, and listen to your body.

Reminds me of Monty Python:

Well, she turned me into a newt!
A newt?!
I got better.

(So far.)

My recoveries (yeah, plural) have both slow and rapid. First time my child was a toddler. (Coin flip on hospitalization.) Most recent time my child is an adult. (Hospital time hasn’t come up since the first time.)

How long to recover? It depends. Everytime has been different, both in depths and lengths, but....

Every time at some point I feel like never ever will get I better. (Sounds like you are here.) Dread walking down stairs because of the return trip.

But then, I’m walking down and walking up stairs. I am sleeping at night, And waking during the day. I am enjoying eating (and I stop losing weight). I am taking short walks. And I am cooking something for myself. I am walking farther. And I am cooking meals for the family. Walking still farther. I am taking short bike rides. I am returning to work. Riding shortish. Eating out at a resturaunt. Riding Longer. Riding still longer. Cooking a great meal for good friends and laughing it only seems like all night. Riding all day.

Long term side effects? I can’t play trumpet. (But I’ve never played trumpet.)

Seriously, I’m now far less likely to let “crud” go for a few weeks “on my own.” (And people around me are less likely to let me ignore “crud” for a few weeks.)

Since every one of my experiences has been different, (and everyone I know who has gone through it has been different):

Again, take good care of yourself, listen to your doctor, and listen to your body. Pneumonia is serious, take it seriously.

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 08-28-18 at 08:54 PM.