Old 09-04-18, 03:30 PM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Pneumonia

Originally Posted by one4smoke
So I've had the crud for going on almost a month now. Thought I could kick it on my own, like most of all the other times in my life. Not this time. I let it go too long and now the doc tells me I have pneumonia. Not severe enough to be hospitalized, but bad enough that I haven't been able to ride most of the month, and now I'm out of the office until at least next week.

First ever experience with this, so I'm curious to know how many of you good people have had to deal with it, how long did it affect your riding, and were there any repercussions or side effects when you came back?
I had pneumonia coming up on 2 yrs ago. Did a long ride on Friday, drove to a meeting a few hundred miles away on Monday, but felt pretty tough. Worked Tuesday in really tough shape, and ended up getting admitted to the hospital that night. I kept spiking absurdly high fevers, so they kept me the better part of a week. I worked part days for a week or so, then was cleared to resume normal daily activities (stall cleaning in the barn, etc.), but it was winter, i wasn't going to be riding a ton anyway, but I'd say it took me 8 weeks total, because I did ride then, and breathing was surprisingly ok. It was cold enough that I wasn't going to be really ripping anyway. I never noticed any long term complications, my lung function returned to normal, so I did not end up with any significant scarring.