View Single Post
Old 09-30-19, 04:02 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
1985 Peugeot PSN 10 Rat Rod

This 1985 Peugeot PSN 10 was spray bombed and left for dead so I picked it up 4 years ago and stashed it away. Thought I might one-day repaint it and restore to its former glory. Instead, with indoor trainer season quickly approaching, I decided to build it to sit on the trainer yet still take out on the nasty roads for the occasional off-season jaunt. So the rattle can white stays and I built it up 100% from the parts bin (if you can consider DA7400 parts bin!). With the ratty frame and high-end components, I refer to this as my rat-rod.

It is also my first Peugeot experience and I am very impressed. The Super Vitus frame is the lightest in my fleet at 3.95lbs. The lug work and joints are very clean and the ride is responsive yet comfy.

A shout-out to some resident BF'ers who supplied the parts bin that made this build happen.
@bear_a_bug for the Nitto B176 Dream Handlebars.
@16Victor for the Sachs Maillard LY 97 7spd freewheel. Wonderfully compatible with the 7spd indexed DA shifters.
@sloar for the Araya 20A wheelset. Repacked the Suzue hubs and they spin great. The copperish color makes the rat-rod even more ratty.

On to the pics.

What she looked like when I brought her home.

Thinned lugs... I knew it wasn't a gas pipe Peugeot

Still a spray bombed mess but ready to roll with DA7400 indexing. 22.2lbs as shown

Last edited by plonz; 09-30-19 at 04:09 PM.