View Single Post
Old 12-17-20, 06:58 PM
RGMN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
We had that at the last car dealership I worked at, a system that flagged a customer and wouldn't allow a service order to be written. Being a new car dealer we had to have an air-tight case against the offending customer because they would call G.M. if we wouldn't help them.

They had to be pretty awful to get on the list.
I was one of those customers. Bought a new car, returned it for service before I left the lot. I sort of think new cars should have operational brakes i.e. a pedal doesn't go to the floor. 2 days later they call me to pick up the car. When I get it they tell me to never come back. Still not sure what I did wrong. It must have been trying to use the brakes. Fast forward to the Takata recall. I get the notice, take the car in, dealer refuses to do the recall (or 2 others that are outstanding) Called GM, spoke with a nice customer service representative who told me that GM wouldn't service heavily modified vehicles that the owners misrepresented. I asked her to take a look at the purchase agreement and the first service ticket. I asked her if she thought I could modify the vehicle as heavily as they claimed it was in under 1 hour. Next time I went into the dealership they had all new service writers, and were more than happy to do the airbag inflator swap as well as the 2 other recalls. Sold the vehicle shortly after that and swore off GM products, but a C8 Corvette may make me break that.