View Single Post
Old 12-17-20, 07:21 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8287 Post(s)
Liked 9,066 Times in 4,483 Posts
Originally Posted by RGMN
I was one of those customers. Bought a new car, returned it for service before I left the lot. I sort of think new cars should have operational brakes i.e. a pedal doesn't go to the floor. 2 days later they call me to pick up the car. When I get it they tell me to never come back. Still not sure what I did wrong. It must have been trying to use the brakes. Fast forward to the Takata recall. I get the notice, take the car in, dealer refuses to do the recall (or 2 others that are outstanding) Called GM, spoke with a nice customer service representative who told me that GM wouldn't service heavily modified vehicles that the owners misrepresented. I asked her to take a look at the purchase agreement and the first service ticket. I asked her if she thought I could modify the vehicle as heavily as they claimed it was in under 1 hour. Next time I went into the dealership they had all new service writers, and were more than happy to do the airbag inflator swap as well as the 2 other recalls. Sold the vehicle shortly after that and swore off GM products, but a C8 Corvette may make me break that.
None of this makes any sense to me. If you bought a car and the brakes needed work, how could they tell you to never come back?
How could they refuse to do recalls? And why? Dealers get paid to do recalls.
What modification did they say you did? Every dealer I worked at always serviced modified vehicles, just no warranty on modified parts.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience but it seems you are leaving something out.

What I was referring to in my "flagged customer list" was people who threatened violence, people who were so unreasonable and obnoxious that they couldn't be dealt with, or people who cost the store money every time they come in. You're saying you should be on that list?

The other thing is, if you had to deal with some horrible people at a dealer and then all was well after those people were replaced, why would you "swear off" GM products?