View Single Post
Old 02-22-20, 04:41 PM
tgenec86
Rouleur

Bikes: Felt FC (SRAM Red), Nashbar Carbon (SRAM Red), Felt BR2 (SRAM Red), Salsa El Mariachi 29'er - solid steel, Peugeot PX-10 1972

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 63 Posts
Bianchigirll is my hero

A thread was started a little while back about showing off our posters & cycling advertisements in our homes and workshops, and Bianchigirll posted her Clement poster, which in my unhumble opinion has to be one of the best advertisements ever. I saw one way back in 1995 in the collection of the owner of the shop I rode for, and a few times in magazines, but nothing since. The photo itself is a masterwork in layout, contrast, and mood. I searched online for days, using every combination of descriptives I could think about - and came up with nothing. There simply are no replicas or reprints available apparently, so I asked her where she bought hers. A week or so later, a message pops up from Bianchigirll with an ebay listing - an original, full size poster! So needless to say, cost no object, it now hangs on my office wall. Nice to have other forum members looking out for you!