View Single Post
Old 04-15-19, 11:32 PM
since6

Bikes: Stevenson Custom, Stevenson Custom Tandem, Nishiki Professional

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 128 Posts
I don't know about a thousand other, world class, athletes making it. How well did Mark Spitz do after his golden olympics? How well does anyone do who gave their life over to a sport or art and had no time, no person of wisdom to keep balance in their life. Where is Bobby Fisher, where are 70% and more of professional athletes when they are cut, we had one when I was in High School, blown knee teaching PE and Coaching at our High School. But when you couple a hard childhood, Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, it goes on and on. I think we fool ourselves. I feel blessed all kids are raised and never got into the sports or arts crazyland where parents and families end up living a sport/art for a "gifted child", but what about the other siblings? And what about that child, again, where's the balance, taken by money or those who see your kid as their means to money. You hear it over and over the kids would like to just play their game without the parents, without the coaches, just play and work it out among themselves.

Sad, sad story and hope she gets help, as so many many other's need.

Peace to you Rebecca Twigg and comfort in your rest tonight.