Old 07-14-19, 08:33 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
I don't see the point of this. (Though I'm not bothered by anyone who does it. More power to them.)

Seems like it would be easier to just drive the whole way to work then come home earlier and go for a leisure ride.

Once I'm in the car or on the bike, I'm staying there.
In Delaware, we have no subways and the bus service is very lacking if you're traveling outside of the Wilmington City limits.
I live 38 miles from work and can't do the whole commute by bike due to time and roads. I'll often drive 25 miles, park and bike the last 13 miles. If I lived closer, I'd happily pedal back and forth. Many people here live a fair distance from work. If I still lived in NYC, or another large city, I probably wouldn't bother with a car much like noglider.

In Delaware, we have people with opposing views regarding spending money on road improvement and accessibility versus recreational path (MUP) development. I posed the original question to see if paved path access with parking would enhance commuting, realizing that such a survey here is not scientific or conclusive.