View Single Post
Old 07-29-19, 02:13 PM
stephr1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
@Leadrunner

Not sure if your comment was directed at my post (which is right above yours). If so, thank you for noticing and reading and I appreciate the feedback! If not, ignore this post

I love a smooth, clean, flat road, too (ride with kind of hybrid tires). Unfortunately, I have run into more than my share of road bikers who seem to look down on me (and may have the same attitude as the person I quoted above). It only happens often enuf for me to notice, but it never takes away from my enjoyment of my rides. And some of the trail walkers and riders seem to exhibit similar discourteous behavior

Originally Posted by Leadrunner
I appreciate and admire your subtlety. I too am a baby boomer, but I did contribute generously to the tobacco industry for many years. I did not, however, give to the weed, alcohol, or illicite drug trade. Unfortunately, I did not take up the cycling habit until my latter years, but now that I have, I love every minute of it. Due to my advanced age and inability to heal quickly, I have avoided the mountain bike thing, but as a roadie, there is nothing better that brand new asphalt. God, I love a smooth, clean, flat road. This year, I did have to have my aortic valve replaced, but I don't think that was caused by any particular thing that I did. The flaps just got hard. Oh well, in any case, I am glad you are a happy cyclist. Maybe I will see you on the road some day.