View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 02:17 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4827 Post(s)
Liked 3,951 Times in 2,569 Posts
I didn't read most of the post so this is probably already said. I'm virtually certain you missed the correct starting hole on one side by one. This means all the spokes are shifted forward on one side by one hole at the hub.

Sight down the hub. Corresponding spokes left and right should leave the hub from adjacent holes and hit the rim with a hole between them. (The forward of the two spokes leaving the hub must meet the rim forward of the other.)

The hub holes are staggered a 1/2 hole so it is a little hard to see which is the forward of the two but it can be done. Or tag the tight spokes on each side (one such spoke will do) and likewise a loose one on each side. Now you can see which side needs to be shifted a hole. (I'll come back in another lifetime and tell you the easy way to do that. Until then, it's unscrew each one on that side and move the spoke, )

Ben