Thread: Hex Wrench Set
View Single Post
Old 01-14-21, 07:02 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,955 Times in 2,644 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I will always have L keys around if I need them. Definitely leaning towards T-handles. 2mm-10mm covers everything on all of my bikes. I have other options, too (1/4" drive socket set with a variety of handles and extensions.)

Thanks for the info. Part of my reason for not going with Park is budget. Some of those other brands you mention make Park look like a bargain. For a pro using tools every day, I'm sure the high-quality stuff is great. From what I can tell, Bondhus and Eklind look like they hit a sweet spot of quality and price for my needs in my home shop. $40-ish for a 2mm-10mm T-handle set is kind of what I'm looking at.
The thing with Hex wrenches is they are not a specific tool and have many uses and are probably the most used tools out there. Getting the absolute best in those is not going to set you back a huge ton especially in terms of usage and longevity. The cheap stuff just isn't worth it pro or not.