Old 02-02-21, 05:28 PM
mlau

Bikes: Xootr Swift

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Pahana
Best of luck on your new relationship. My first date with my wife was a 3 and a half hour bike ride. We have been riding together for the last 10 years and we're going out in about an hour for a ride together. If she's a keeper I don't think the bike really matters. On our first ride I give her my best bike at the time a Titus Racer X. We're both the same height so we can ride the same bikes. I sold that bike but always let her ride the best bike.
It definitely changed the way I ride. No more clip less pedals as she doesn't like to ride on bike lanes much but not getting around fast is not the point anymore. I look at groups of Men speeding around on their road bikes passing me and I really wouldn't trade places with them. My whole relationship with bikes has changed. I no longer see a bike as an exercise machine but as way of being in my environment. That's why my favorite bike now is a Brompton even though I can ride other high end full size bikes I own. My advice is don't worry about the bike. Ebay is full of xs bikes being sold by ex-boyfriends.

She really doesn't care about the bike, just appreciate the thought.

That being said, I think that I sorta know what she needs/wants: brakes near shifters, aero position/aero bars, platform pedals (yes, not clipless).
Down the road, maybe a pocket rocket is down her alley.