Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Buglady
Has everyone forgotten that milk delivery used to be a normal thing? We still had it in Victoria, BC, when I was in university.

I've been using Small Potatoes Urban Delivery (SPUD.ca) for about a month and I LOVE it. I am autistic and had really been struggling with the sensory overload and decision fatigue involved in shopping at local supermarkets. The tinny music and flickering fluorescent lighting, plus lots of other people - ack!! I'd also been getting really stressed lately about locking my bike outside the store; I use double locks, but there have been a LOT of thefts lately in that area.

I thought I would end up spending more on the deliveries, but it would be worth it to have a break from the shopping struggle. However, it turns out I am saving quite a lot of money because I can stick to my list, and take advantage of the weekly specials (which never seem to be in stock in the supermarket, or are displayed somewhere weird and I can't find them). The produce has been *beautiful*.

I've also set up monthly deliveries of toilet paper, cat litter, instant coffee, and cleaning supplies through Amazon.

Now I can use my time and energy to ride my bike to more interesting places!
Absolutely!!!

We can walk to our little local shop if we need something I've forgotten to order, or I can walk to one of the grocery stores near where I work if I want something on a whim, but for the rest of it I LOVE ordering online and having it delivered.

Rowan is well enough again that we probably could go shopping ... but why???

And you're right about the stock ... the grocery store we used to go to was often out of the stuff we like, but we can get it when we order online.

We order most of our cycling stuff and have it delivered to our door too.