Old 10-05-18, 12:59 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18423 Post(s)
Liked 4,544 Times in 3,376 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Really? Every time you roll out the door you ride 40-150 miles? I never do or try not to. I don't like being on a bicycle for more than 50 miles, particularly at higher exertion.
Most don't either. Battery life will be fine on this big battery bike. And battery life will only get better with time on e-bikes. On the flats, 100W with this heavier bike will still be a net positive in terms of rider watts saved for the same speed.
Not every time out the door, but I'm at 6040 miles for the year and 188 activities, or averaging just over 32 miles per ride.

Mostly round trip rides including stops, although a few have been recorded on Strava as single legs.

At least 5 of those rides exceeded 130 miles, two of which were towing a trailer for 150+ miles.

I didn't see where a range was specified on the Trek. In my post, I indicated that if one keeps the assist light, one can probably go quite some distance (of course, it is also possible to carry a spare battery). So, for ordinary trips around town, the battery is probably just fine. And, maybe even for those long road trips.

I suppose I'm fine if we can get more people doing those 100+ mile commutes, if they choose to also use some assistance.