Old 02-16-16, 12:53 AM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Is anyone here planning a car-light or car-free holiday this year? Or even just a long weekend away?
I just got my invitation to my niece's wedding in Davis. I'm going to do my usual thing and ride there. My last trip down my wife and I rode our tandem on the coast. She hates riding in traffic situations, since there's always pinch-points, so we did a lot of night riding (we both love riding at night). However, there's only so much darkness before the motorists wake up. This year, I'm going to explore some inland routes and see how it goes. It might not be exactly the route I'll use when my wife joins me since I'm going to stop over in Medford to see a sister and my mom on the way. The Medford area is a notoriously lousy place to ride, but I haven't seen them in over a year so I'll put up with it.

Unfortunately, this little down-and-back, probably about 1500 miles round-trip, will likely be the last ride of any distance for me until September or October. I've got a huge time-sensitive project that will start in June and totally consume me until Fall. I hope to sneak in a couple hundred miles of riding each week, but there will be some weeks that doesn't happen.