View Single Post
Old 11-22-12, 08:47 PM
Captain Blight

Bikes: -1973 Motobecane Mirage -197? Velosolex L'Etoile -'71 Raleigh Super Course

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mainstreetexile
Just curious, were these gumwalls or skinwalls? I've had good luck and a lot of miles on their gumwall K35s, but they also have a skinwall version that I ordered by accident once. They gave me the most trouble of any tire ever trying to get the bead seated, so it seemed like they were out of round since parts were below the rim lip. I had to really soap them up and then over-fill them to get them to pop out to seat correctly, but then if I didn't ride them for a while and the air pressure went down they would unseat again. Not sure if it was the rims I was using them on, but they weren't worth the hassle.

I've updated the first post with more tires and notes from everybody's comments.
The 27s are bad enough, but getting a K35 mounted on an EA-3 is about an hour-long job, involving talc, soap, dire imprecations, salty language, sobbing in despair, solvent intoxication, white roosters, and the entrails of a goat or two