jade408

Bikes: Working on replacing my stolen Soma Buena Vista Mixte

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Lou
"Why Expensive Commuter bikes?"

Not with just bikes, but "Pride of Ownership" is important to many, including me. I like the craftsmanship and uniqueness some manufactures provide and it usually comes with a cost that I am willing pay.
This is why I got a custom “commuter” bike. It is really just my primary bike. My old bike got stolen so I decide to splurge and get something that fit better and had better stuff on it.

Give it a year or so, and it’ll have more miles on it than my car does for the year. I can park inside my office at work or in secure bike parking or at a bike valet. I have also ridden it to the grocery store and such. It’s new so I haven’t hit all the spots. I am a practical cyclists vs a recreational one.

I bought a fancy bike for the same reason I have fancier purses - I just like them better. If I didn’t have a bike I thought was attractive and built to suit, I wouldn’t ride it. It wouldn’t have the same appeal for me. Sure I probably could have waited/hunted for a perfect vintage bike to build up the way I wanted, but that seem like a long shot! I’m not patient like that.

Last edited by jade408; 08-24-19 at 04:17 PM.