View Single Post
Old 08-25-19, 06:40 PM
BikeTall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Oh...i do have a tip for protecting your bike from thieves. As we all know, if a thief wants your bike, no lock is safe. They will find a way.

So when a psychologist friend of mine gave me an idea. I tried it. Her theory was that even thieves as dispicable as they are, have a conscious. She suggested I make a small crudely written sign on an index card that read “I am handicapped. Please don’t steal my bike. Thanks!” So i did. I added a smiley face for added effect and laminated the card. And guess what? It worked! Before i got a job that allowed me to bring my bike inside, I used to lock my bikes up outside in NYC on the upper east side. Right in front of the hospital i worked at. But I had several bikes stolen... even with me poking my head out the window every hour or so.

So i put this sign on when i locked it up, and it was never stolen. The ONE day i forgot to bring my sign? STOLEN! Lol. I kid you not. It works! Better than any lock i ever bought. Of course there are no guarantees, but give it a try. Couldn’t hurt.