View Single Post
Old 08-25-19, 07:31 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeTall
First of all, i doubt if this solution will catch on as wildly as you think. Second of all, my brother is handicapped, and he approved of the idea. And lastly, comparing this to taking a handicapped parking space is ridiculous. There is no comparison. No handicapped person is being denied anything. Nor are they being made fun of. So i don’t know why you are angry.
My reply was more tongue in cheek. I used the smilie in reference towards "the antipathy expressed to seemingly healthy drivers with handicapped parking placards."

Not to be critical, but you seem possessive of your solution, and quick to challenge any retort, even on a give-and-take Internet Forum.

FWIW, I have a severely handicapped daughter, and I replied favorably to your preceding post
Originally Posted by BikeTall
I live in NYC as well, and after having several expensive road bikes stolen, I bought my first hybrid, the Giant Escape 2 in 2013 and haven’t looked back.

It’s fast, comfy & bang for the buck, the best bike I have ever owned. I use it as my daily commuter as well as for touring. I have nothing against people paying over $1,000 for a hybrid commuter if they want. It’s all good. But for the last 6 years my $500 Giant Escape has been great
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
+10

I posted earlier to this thread, and elsewhere:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I also have a Giant Escape hybrid bike that I recently bought for rehabilitation, because I was having trouble with my neck and shoulders riding the drop bars.

That bike cost about $600, and IMO was a good value as an all-round bike, certainly more amenable to off-road riding than my expensive carbon fiber road bike, and sturdy for my urban commute on the mean streets of Boston.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 08-26-19 at 03:37 AM. Reason: added addendum: FWIW I have...