Old 11-25-20, 05:15 PM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I've been making some test pieces in the shop, working out the kinks in the process and getting familiar with the capabilities and limitations of the available tools, but have been frustrated by some lousy fitting tongue and grooves coming off of the router table. After looking a little more closely, I noticed that the tongues on the rails, in particular, were a little wonky and skewed - I'd set up the cutters so that the tongue was a 1/4" from the face side of the piece, but it'd be 1/4" on one side and skewed to 5/16" or so on the other

Last spring, I'd set up the table and mounting plate so that it was nice and flat, but these results were pretty ****ty, so I got out a straight edge to re-check. Everything looked fine as before... until I got to the opening in the mounting plate Yeah, the plate is flat at the leading and trailing edges, but there's a dip in the middle of the plate, right where you wouldn't want it, right at the cutter, and it's a good 1/16 or so. Longer, bigger pieces don't dip in to that low spot, but the shorter 1 1/2" rails were dipping in as they were pushed through.

Oh well, at least I know, now. Not sure how I'll proceed, though. Buy a replacement that might also be wonky? Flatten the one that I have with some elbow grease and lots of sand paper? Make my own table?!
Is this the Bosch table?. If so, I believe you can get a center plate. No guarantee the replacement will be perfect though.