Old 01-08-19, 08:18 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Windy today. 20-25 mph mostly head-winds as I rode to our company office. Supposed to increase to 25-30 steady with gusts in the 40-50 mph range, so I should have an interesting ride across town at lunch. It should mostly be cross-winds for that ride. Then coming home this evening I should get a good push.

Didn't crash today, so that was nice. Still pretty icy. Hopefully today's winds will help evaporate some of that stuff.

At least the temp was downright warm: 34°F. That's 23 degrees warmer than our average January morning temp. That's pretty much the high as temps are expected to drop throughout the day and be closer to normal temps tomorrow.

This morning a friend of mine started his car and then went inside to let it warm up (not sure why he'd do that with temps this warm; probably habit.) While he was inside he heard an engine rev, looked out the window and saw his car zoom away. Stolen. So I guess that's another thing we bicycle commuters don't have to worry about: our bike getting stolen while it's warming up.