Old 09-01-19, 05:14 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,911 Times in 1,141 Posts
jdawginsc,
I am having eight paint burned frames redone by a shop in Indianapolis called ProKote Indy. They are hot rodders who couldn't find a good paint job for the cars they were doing so they went into the powder coating biz themselves. First class operation... dip, then blast, then phosphotize, and then coat. So far four have turned out beautifully, and they do the cages along with the frames and forks. My cost is $180, decals are about $50, and I clear coat with lacquer here in the shop. Look for some guys like ProKote in your area. I'm not sure about the onion bag paint in a powder coat product but, if you can live with a durable and good looking single or faded coat that will give this one new life. In all you will be out maybe $400 but is still gonna be a frame worth at least that. If you need extra water bottle bosses or any other attachments you can do it before the painting and have it customized to your desires. It will be a great ride. I always placed them in the category of the Chesini. A great performance bike at a less than premium price. Smiles, MH