KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Several years back, I was a moderator here, and the size of this site makes it a real target. cb400bill is not exaggerating about the challenges.

That said, there are ways for new folks to effectively use their introductory period that may not be immediately evident:

Of course introducing themselves is a fairly obvious one, but providing some background on how they came to be interested in a C&V bike, or C&V bikes in general will help the folks who have been here make a stronger connection with them than not. (community works both directions, and while we shouldn't expect them to read our minds about what they can do to allow us to be successful in assisting them, realistically, there should be some recognition of there being some learning occurring).

Ok - having started to make a point, I've realized that perhaps we could use a guide to help new folks out. Terminology is a learning curve. Explaining about the rules for limiting posts and pictures would be a help. Perhaps some tips for taking pictures or describing the bike they want help identifying would also help. Explaining why there is a separate valuation sub-forum, and the ratioanle behind rules about sales would be good too.

As I look through our sticky threads, I have to wonder if it wouldn't make sense for there to be a subfolder for "Bicycles manufactured by"(and move the Centurion, Asian Serial Number, and other related threads into the sub-folder), and then to create a new sticky for "Information for the C&V Forum Novice", where we could post the sorts of helpful hints we're discussing here.
Like Bill said, I really don't know the scope of the problem, or the work that goes on behind the scenes. It's not a democracy...I love the site and appreciate everyone who volunteers here...but I do wonder...if we had more volunteers, would that be an alternate way of fighting spam?