Old 09-26-19, 07:56 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 810:

Backing up one 1/2 day, my commute home last night on the new fat bike reinforced my need for a fender solution. I rode through some mud where the flooding had recently receded. The bike handled it with aplomb, not sliding or spinning. However, those big knobby tires threw mud everywhere. Even though the muddy patch was only about 20 feet long, my brand new bike was peppered with chunks of dirt and even worse, I was covered all over with brown spots the size of a dime. I definitely don't want to be constantly sprayed with slushy snow this coming winter.

Today I have to ride about 20 miles total, so I was back on the road bike. The morning was chilly, 47F with 98% humidity and a decent wind. I threw a sweatshirt on and wore a headband to cover my ears. I was still in shorts, though. I'll ride shorts down to about 30-35 degrees. My legs were a little chilly this morning, but my body will quickly acclimate so in a month 47F with shorts will feel pretty warm.

Supposed to have 30-35 mph headwinds for the ride home this afternoon. Yay.