Old 01-17-24, 04:10 PM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
What's odd, is that both cats and dogs, if you're alert to them, chose the person they want to be their parents. We get all of our dogs from pounds and shelters, our first dog, and this is when I learned this, we went to several pounds and interacted with several dogs, none of them really could care less if we were there...except one, as we were leaving the cage area, one dog jumped up on the screen whining at us, the others could care less, my wife and I looked at each other and both of us learned that dog wanted to go home with us, so he did. After that experience, every time we go to find a dog, we let the dog chose us, and everytime we have been rewarded with a great dog.

When I was kid we got stray cats, they chose our home, and once my parents allowed the cat to stay, it was our cat from then on, they never ran off. Stray cats are very skittish, but for some reason they might find the right person, and won't be skittish to that person, and that probably happened to you NoGlider, that cat chose you.
We got our cat from the shelter. I was walking through the cat room full of probably a hundred cats. As I walked by, one of them stuck her paw out through the cage bars at me. We took her home and she's been the best pet I've ever had.