Old 10-13-19, 03:10 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
Which region is my hypothenar? I don’t anticipate using them for long periods - just to punch through the occasional headwind.

Think of these as the poor mans version if sqlabs handles- plus I am going green since they’re used from my local co op!

thanks for the link by the way!
Google “hypothenar eminence.” It’s the pad that runs along the edge of your hand between your little finger and wrist. It’s the part of your hand you’d use if you were gonna give someone (something) a “karate chop.”

The typical use of bar ends leaves the hypothenar untouched. If you mount the bar ends towards the middle of the bar, the hypothenar could be pressed down on the top of the handlebar unless a grip could be firmly positioned high enough up the bar end. A little pressure in that area is no big deal but hold it against the edge of your desk (or top of the handlebar) for awhile and you’ll note it’s not fun.

It’s just an observation on my part. It looks like your bar ends are pretty tall so you should be good to go. I don’t think I could get away with it with my monster mitts.

-Kedosto