Old 11-10-19, 10:48 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
BF moved into other areas because they were not selling enough of the high-end travel folders. They've innovated a couple of great designs (the HAD is brilliant, and the pakiT is actually a much nicer bike than non-owners think). These bikes start around $1200USD. I think BF identified the fact that high-end folders were not going to keep them going and growing, and they looked to other models and added e-assist as well. Because the bikes are travel bikes, the e-assist is going to be a removable design, not integrated into the bike. You cannot fly with integrated e-bikes; you have to be able to remove the batteries, keep the batteries under set Wh, etc., and keep the overall weight down. The most competitive bike they have is the HAD; they just need a brilliant marketing campaign and they could overtake Yuba, etc. I firmly believe that one model could save this company. The number of cargo bikes I see is exploding as people are trying to make do with one car instead of two. I've talked to many cargo bike owners and hardly any of them even know about the HAD, but when I mention they could have gotten a cargo bike that only weighs 30 lbs and is easier to park, they're like "what????!!!!". The HAD is the most unique bike they make and could save them, sigh.