Old 11-12-19, 12:08 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by bargainguy
I think you're missing my point. You assume that because Green Gear charges full retail for parts, they don't lose money on them. Jarlybart contested this from his former position inside the company, and you contest this from your position completely outside the company. Exactly how do you know this?
If the company charges customers what it pays (or more, since they probably get a small discount as you said), they don't lose money. Jarlybart claimed they ALWAYS pay overnight shipping which cuts into their profits. I've ordered 2 bikes from them and my friend has ordered one; in each case parts were not shipped via overnight shipping. I had some questions about whether a couple parts I requested were actually the correct ones and BF forwarded me their orders to verify it; both orders showed standard shipping. So, at best, Jarlybart's comment is not entirely accurate. The way BF explained it to me on custom builds is that they order the parts and assemble everything before they schedule a build date; build dates are typically a month (or more) from order date. This obviates the need to pay for overnight shipping except in very rare cases (maybe a rush build in time for a trip). Ex-employees are not always the most unbiased source of information.