Old 08-07-11, 08:34 PM
mapleleafs-13 

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
A couple of years ago, I was out doing my workout, on an Ironman Carbon, no slouch in the road bike department.

I see, way ahead in the shimmering heat, a lone rider. I kick it in and catch him in about a mile. He was on some kind of Cannondale moutain monstrosity with a headset that looked like the triple clamp on a motorcycle. Full rack on the back, and he had no toe clips of any kind, probably 26 x 1.5 road tires, etc. He was lost, so I offer to ride back to town and show him the way. As soon as he realizes where we were, he drops me. I'm working hard, and to no avail.

Two weeks later, I'm out again, see the guy about a 1/4 mile up. Again, I drop the hammer and catch him. He says "I'd ride with you, but you can't keep up."

He shows up at my house one Sunday morning, as I was leaving for church. He had a rattle in his freehub. I tell him "you get 15 minutes," and managed to fix it (needed the thin spacer behind the cassette). I ask him if he wants to ride that day, he says "no, you can't keep up." I ask him how much his bike weighs? 30 lbs.

He's one of those folks who lost about 100lbs in about 6 months while riding a bike. Huge legs, and a will of iron. I failed to mention he carries a cassette walkman, mace, his cell phone, all on the handlebars, and wears Bose noise cancelling headphones, no helmet.
that's definitely a funny story, i say you dust him on the road next time though, show no mercy. after all that help and he still acts like a prick to you, that's definitely whack.

Also those noise cancelling headphones are amazing!! I use these ones for travelling and for playing cards when i'm out in vegas, they worked great for the WSOP card events. You put these things on and literally can't hear anything around you, on the plane it really helps lower the overall cabin noise in the aircraft, which makes for a really nice flight. i don't use them for biking though, i have a different pair of bose headphones for that.

If you guys are serious into audio check out these :

http://www.bose.ca/controller?event=...942&src=k47942

i would wear these cycling though, they might work tooo well, u might not be able to hear traffic, i just use bose earbuds cause you can still hear stuff around you.

Last edited by mapleleafs-13; 08-07-11 at 09:13 PM.