Old 10-18-14, 09:24 AM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Well Folks?..I thank you all very much as great suggestions with solid points were made by all...which at first seemed to confuse me even more but like I initially indicated?...this is just me "Planning For The Future"...and?..."Trying To Stay Motivated"....that said?...at the end of the day?....I have concluded the following....

Maybe Santa will bring me a new bike for Christmas!

My reasoning?....that last post bruised responded with made a lot of sense to me because...

1. If I do shell out for a new high-end group-set for my old bike?...I still have just one old bike with real nice hardware. LOL!

and not that "That's a bad thing" but....

2. For the same money I could have a 2nd....."NEW BIKE"....with real nice 11 year newer everything including wheels.

and finally?...

3. Despite it's age?...everything on my old giant still works just fine and it was just weeks ago I had a brand new Sora Front Derailleur installed (to replace the old broken one) and the bike dons a brand new chain as well and?...

To take care of the "Keeping Me Motivated" part?...

I just dropped $160 on my first ever set of clip-less pedal and shoes...for the old giant...and that "all-new-too-me" upgrade alone has my heart pumping just thinking about getting out on it today...along with my new Catseye Padrone wireless speedo/odo/trip thingy.

Now it looks like the two primary brands that the LBS that I like to patronize (cause they've been great, friendly and very accommodating to me thus far) carry (that would include models they stock well within my price range) are "Specialized" & "Bianchi"....they also carry "Raleigh"....and considering the condition of my local roads?....(and sometimes the lack thereof? LOL!)....I haven't even ruled out getting into something of a slightly different flavor...matter fact?...I'm thinking it might just be optimum for me to deck out a cyclocross type bike as a "light touring/commuter"....would that make sense?

again...thanks for all the great thoughts, points and suggestions, Bill.