davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Bikes: Jones Plus LWB, 1983 Centurion Japanese CrMo bike

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 101 Posts
MTB: Harder than it looks

So my riding is about 90% commuting, but I also wanted a bike to mess around with my kids, go on gravel rides with my buddies, and do some backcountry bike packing so I got a Jones Plus LWB which also happens to be a capable MTB but not why I bought it.

I am not riding to work right now because work is shut down because COVID-19 so I have been riding the MTB park near my house (Beacon Hill, Spokane) each morning just to get out and feel human, get some exercise.

My hat's off to you guys: Mtn Biking is WAY harder than it looks! Also way harder than I remember it being when I was 21 (a few decades ago). My plan is to practice, practice, practice; work on the trails giving me trouble (virtually all the "blue squares" yep, I know); and when the prohibitions on gatherings lift, sign up for some classes at REI. Open to other suggestions but really just wanted to say you all make it look so easy!

(FYI before you say anything about the fender, this only stays on during wet commuting weather, it doesn't join me, unless it gets really muddy then I would mount it much higher. Currently off as the trails are frozen)

Last edited by davei1980; 03-18-20 at 10:37 PM.
Likes For davei1980: